The Fremantle Foundry and Engineering Company (FFE) is one of the oldest family owned businesses in Western Australia. The capabilities we have developed over the last century in the shipping repair industry, are underpinned by the ongoing commitment of FFE Management to the development of local skills and the Australian Apprenticeship program.
In April 2013, to ensure we continued to provide the best possible service to our clients, FFE relocated from Queen Victoria St, Fremantle, to its new premises in the world class Australian Marine Complex (AMC) at Henderson WA, developed to facilitate and enhance the opportunities created by the clustering of sectors servicing the marine, defence and resources industry”. (AMC Facilities-Precincts, 2021).
From our Henderson facility FFE continues to provide a wide range of marine fabrication and maintenance services to our client base, in particular Defence and Commercial Maritime. We service clients locally, nationally, and across the globe, either within our Henderson Workshops, at the AMC Marine Support Facility and/or Support Industry Precinct, or on vessels at sea.
Our Senior Management Team is committed to the ongoing provision of service excellence that is customer focused, with a safety-first approach and responsible environmental practices. To support this, FFE maintains a Continuous Improvement program that monitors our operational practices to ensure they remain current to industry standards, and relevant to our customer needs.
Our Service Divisions include;
- Ship Repair – Commercial and Defence
- NATA Testing and Certification
- General Engineering and Fabrication
FFE’s management team is committed to the ongoing provision of first class engineering services in line with our corporate values.
Our objectives are;
- To maintain our existing client base through continued service excellence
- To raise the profile and awareness of our business
- To develop new client relationships
- To ensure our safety and environmental policies are maintained and implemented
- To continue our support for the apprenticeship training scheme
- To recruit, retain, care for and develop a skilled workforce
- To improve with the implementation of new technology
The Fremantle Foundry and Engineering Company is currently implementing an Integrated Management System (IMS) based on the following Standards:
- Quality Management in accordance with ISO 9001:2015
- OHS Management in accordance with ISO 45001:2018
- Environmental Management in accordance with ISO 14001:2015
FFE currently operates a NATA accredited Inspection and Test facility to ISO/IEC 17025
Accreditation is applicable to the following;
- Repair, renewal and overhaul of marine machinery and associated mechanical components
- Repair of ships hulls, appendages and fittings
- Procurements of specialised marine and general engineering supplies and equipment